About the Club
Welcome to Redcliffe Peninsula Game & Sportfish Club Inc.
There are Marlin, Tuna, Wahoo and Mahi Mahi offshore in the blue waters of Cape Moreton.
We also have Kingfish, Snapper, Cobia, Sweetlip and Pearle Perch for the reef fisherman and Bream, Whiting and Flathead around the shores and in the rivers.
There are also fresh water options, with several rivers and dams full of Yellowbelly Perch, Bass and Saratoga.
Our club is a great believer in sustainable fishing, and we regularly practice tag & release for many species, but equally we promote keeping edible fish for the table. There is nothing better than eating your own freshly caught fish!
We have regular monthly club weekends which conclude with a kid-friendly weigh-in and BBQ. For competitive anglers we are affiliated with Q.G.F.A and A.N.S.A and run our own club competitions. Our premier event is the Redcliffe Australia Day Billfish Tournament held in January every year. It is a light tackle Billfish Tournament that attracts fishermen from far and wide to compete for trophies and prizes worth thousands. We also run the exciting Redcliffe All Tackle Tournament in November.
Club general meetings are held on the 2nd Monday evening of each month at 7.00pm at the Moreton Bay Boat Club, Bird O’Passage Parade, Scarborough. Visitors are always welcome.
Recent Club News & Events
- 2020 SIMRAD Redcliffe Australia Day Billfish Tournament – Results! January 29, 2020
- 2020 SIMRAD Redcliffe Australia Day Bill Fish Tournament November 21, 2019
- Club Points September 2019 September 22, 2019
- 2019 Trophy Presentation Night – Sat 10 August 2019 July 20, 2019
- Notice – A.G.M is on Monday the 12th of August 2019 July 20, 2019
- Notice – General meeting Monday the 12th of August 2019. July 20, 2019